Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reference Numbers

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just use sequential values:

1, 2, 3, .......
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

They need to be unique.

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just use sequential values:

1, 2, 3, .......
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Then use this formula:

=INT((NOW()-39000)*10^7) and format as an integer.

When the formula calculates, just copy the cell and paste/special/value
where the reference number is needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Dave" wrote:

Hi

They need to be unique.

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just use sequential values:

1, 2, 3, .......
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I have copied this formula down and it does not create a unique number. How
ectly does this work?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Then use this formula:

=INT((NOW()-39000)*10^7) and format as an integer.

When the formula calculates, just copy the cell and paste/special/value
where the reference number is needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Dave" wrote:

Hi

They need to be unique.

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just use sequential values:

1, 2, 3, .......
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the formula in A1 (for example) touch F9 and a number will appear. Copy
the number and Paste/Special as Value elsewhere.

Touch F9 again and another number will appear, copy it and Paste/Special as
Value
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Then use this formula:

=INT((NOW()-39000)*10^7) and format as an integer.

When the formula calculates, just copy the cell and paste/special/value
where the reference number is needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Dave" wrote:

Hi

They need to be unique.

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just use sequential values:

1, 2, 3, .......
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yer

It seems to give the same reference in the next cell down and I have tried
to add a date range into the reference but now it seems to long. I want the
cell to give a reference number only when say the date is added into the row?

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Then use this formula:

=INT((NOW()-39000)*10^7) and format as an integer.

When the formula calculates, just copy the cell and paste/special/value
where the reference number is needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Dave" wrote:

Hi

They need to be unique.

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just use sequential values:

1, 2, 3, .......
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi.

I would like to know if there is a way of creating reference numbers in excel?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

This works well for manually creating a reference number however, I would
like to be able to create the unique reference number automatically when
entering a record in the row.

Can this be done?

Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Then use this formula:

=INT((NOW()-39000)*10^7) and format as an integer.

When the formula calculates, just copy the cell and paste/special/value
where the reference number is needed.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Dave" wrote: