Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reference numbers

Is it possible to get excel to automatically generate reference numbers for
different actions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not clear what you mean by "reference numbers". What should they refer to and how?

But do look he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Pasty" wrote in message ...
| Is it possible to get excel to automatically generate reference numbers for
| different actions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

What I was getting at was - it will be used on a risk register and I when
people put in a new action i would like excel to automatically give it a new
number, but I'm not entirely sure this is possible.

"Pasty" wrote in message ...
| Is it possible to get excel to automatically generate reference numbers for
| different actions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Then do check the link I gave you

--