Old March 21st 09, 11:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ali Ali is offline

Default Formula omits adjacent cells

Hi there
I have a spreadsheet with a SUM formula in Column k. Example K3 formula is
=Sum(D3:I3)
I clicked and dragged this formula all the way down to K 300

Across the spreadsheet now I am getting the green icon in the top left
corner of the cell, which says: Formula Omits adjacent cells.

This is random down column K and appears approximately 35 times.
i have checked the cell and the formula definitely includes the correct
cells in all cases.
there are no hidden columns.
Any idea why I a getting this randomly? and how do i correct.
Thanks
Ali

Old March 21st 09, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Tools|Options - Error checking

The one that's annoying you is

'Formula omits cells in region' so un check it and any other you don't want.

Mike

Old March 22nd 09, 06:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ali Ali is offline

Thanks Mike, I will do that. Any idea however, as to WHY I am getting this
message when i can't seem to find anything wrong with the spreadsheet?

cheers
Ali