-   -   Formula omits adjacent cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/225067-formula-omits-adjacent-cells.html)

Ali

Formula omits adjacent cells

Hi there
I have a spreadsheet with a SUM formula in Column k. Example K3 formula is
=Sum(D3:I3)
I clicked and dragged this formula all the way down to K 300

Across the spreadsheet now I am getting the green icon in the top left
corner of the cell, which says: Formula Omits adjacent cells.

This is random down column K and appears approximately 35 times.
i have checked the cell and the formula definitely includes the correct
cells in all cases.
there are no hidden columns.
Any idea why I a getting this randomly? and how do i correct.
Thanks
Ali

Mike H

Formula omits adjacent cells

Hi,

Tools|Options - Error checking

The one that's annoying you is

'Formula omits cells in region' so un check it and any other you don't want.

Mike

"Ali" wrote:

Hi there
I have a spreadsheet with a SUM formula in Column k. Example K3 formula is
=Sum(D3:I3)
I clicked and dragged this formula all the way down to K 300

Across the spreadsheet now I am getting the green icon in the top left
corner of the cell, which says: Formula Omits adjacent cells.

This is random down column K and appears approximately 35 times.
i have checked the cell and the formula definitely includes the correct
cells in all cases.
there are no hidden columns.
Any idea why I a getting this randomly? and how do i correct.
Thanks
Ali

Ali

Formula omits adjacent cells

Thanks Mike, I will do that. Any idea however, as to WHY I am getting this
message when i can't seem to find anything wrong with the spreadsheet?

cheers
Ali