Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if function and date

Hello Excel 2003

In Cell M18 person will enter a date
Cell M 19 is formated as date with the following formula =IF(M18=" "," ",
M18+60)
( if cell M18 is blank then blank, otherwise the date on cell M18 plus 60
days )
The problem is if I add any date to cell M18 I get the correct answer , but
if cell M18 is blank I get a date February 29 1900
How Do I formula so that if M18 is blank them M19 is blank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(M18="","", M18+60)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200840

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello Excel 2003

In Cell M18 person will enter a date
Cell M 19 is formated as date with the following formula =IF(M18=" "," ",
M18+60)
( if cell M18 is blank then blank, otherwise the date on cell M18 plus 60
days )
The problem is if I add any date to cell M18 I get the correct answer , but
if cell M18 is blank I get a date February 29 1900
How Do I formula so that if M18 is blank them M19 is blank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A space character (what you have when you use " ") does not make a cell
"blank"... the space character is a text character. To show a true "blank"
(that is, nothing in the cell), use "" (two quote marks next to each other
signifying the "empty string"). Your formula should be...

=IF(M18="","",M18+60)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)