Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum If question

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I don't understand if you have the CPP word in one column you want to
summarize another one, but that is not what your formula is saying, if the
below doesn't work please send an example
try

=SUM(SUMIF($a$100:$f$100,{CPP, TSF, HDJ},$f$100))

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
yes I need an example
if in columns A100 to F100 you have the word CPP or the others what column
do you want to summarize

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Example

A B C D
2 CPP JNY $4
4 GHY MSP $2
2 PWQ NOL $8
8 CPP MSP $9

I want it to sum if there is an 8 in column A, CPP in column B, and MSP in
column C. The sum needs to come out of column D. Please let me know if you
need anything else, thanks!

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to sum col D based on these criteria :
8 in column A, CPP in column B, MSP in column C, try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A30=8),--(B2:B30="CPP"),--(C2:C30="MSP"),D2:D30)

adjust the range to suit yours
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lindsey
Assuming that the CPP, MSP and 8 are in the columns as described

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A:A=8),--(B:B="CPP"),--(C:C="MSP"),D:D)

If you are not using excel 2007 do

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=8),--(B1:B100="CPP"),--(C1:C100="MSP"),D1:D100)

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=-TRUE gives -1, =--TRUE gives 1
=-FALSE gives 0, =--FALSE gives 0
1 and 0 are what you want to multiply by in your SUMPRODUCT.
--
David Biddulph

"Lindsey" wrote in message
What does -- mean?

"Lindsey" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple colums and I want to sum if
there is a
certain word in each column. I feel like this shold be fairly
easy, this is
the formula I have now. Thanks!

=sumif( $a$100:$f$100, and( CPP, TSF, HDJ), $f$100)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks! I don't know why, but my Excel did this, but the formula only worked
when I had the data on the same spreadsheet as the formula. I have 2003
Excel, but it works, so I am happy.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=-TRUE gives -1, =--TRUE gives 1
=-FALSE gives 0, =--FALSE gives 0
1 and 0 are what you want to multiply by in your SUMPRODUCT.
--
David Biddulph

"Lindsey" wrote in message
What does -- mean?