Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My excel worksheet to slow for editing - suggestions?

My computer is new. Using 2003 edition. Did the disk cleanup and temp
files. I have the same problem on my work PC. I'm using several worksheets
in the file plus calculations. Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try removing any unused rows from the worksheets in your file. See this
contextures web site for some instructions on accomplishing that task:

Kevin Backmann

"vstrouse" wrote:

My computer is new. Using 2003 edition. Did the disk cleanup and temp
files. I have the same problem on my work PC. I'm using several worksheets
in the file plus calculations. Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

vstrouse wrote:
My computer is new. Using 2003 edition. Did the disk cleanup and temp
files. I have the same problem on my work PC. I'm using several worksheets
in the file plus calculations. Suggestions?

Depending on how many formulas you have, switching to manual calculation
may speed things up. OTOH, you have to remember to recalculate at
discrete intervals and before printing or saving.

Bill