Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Pivot Table Question

Hi,

I have a 200,000 row table that contains a list of payments made by my
company over the past year. The relevant columns in the table are payment
number, payment type, payment date, payment month, and payment amount (the
table also includes other info like payee name & address, etc.)

I created a pivot table that uses the payment type (wire, ACH, or check)
for the row label and the payment month for the column label. The pivot table
counts the number of payments for each payment type for each month. I have a
second pivot table with the same setup except that it shows the sum of the
payment amount instead of a count.

I'd like to modify the pivot table to give me this same data (count of
payments by payment type) but with info only for payments that were less than
$5,000.

Any thoughts on how I can do this?

Thanks much,

David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Add the Payment field to the row labels area under Type.
2. Select one of the Payment values in the row labels area and open the
filter drop down and choose Label Filter, Less than and enter the value 5000.
3. Right-click any item in the row labels field and choose Expand/Collapse,
Collapse Entire Field.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"David3553" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane,

It worked, thank you!

I probably messed up your results by initially selecting the "no" button. I
was drafting a reply on the results I was getting when I re-read your post
and realized that I needed to use Label Filter and not Value Filter; made
that change and got the exact results I needed.

David