Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Income Tax

3647I am working on a worksheet to figure the calculations and submit the
accrued sales payment on a monthly basis. Cell B2 has the sales amount of
53647.81, cell C2 has the sales tax. Oklahoma has a sales tax of 3%-3.75%,
what type of formula would I use?
--
Maria A Adams
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Maria

How does the tax scale is like? ie what amount is tax at 3%,and so on
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"maria" wrote:

3647I am working on a worksheet to figure the calculations and submit the
accrued sales payment on a monthly basis. Cell B2 has the sales amount of
53647.81, cell C2 has the sales tax. Oklahoma has a sales tax of 3%-3.75%,
what type of formula would I use?
--
Maria A Adams

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"maria" wrote:

3647I am working on a worksheet to figure the calculations
and submit the accrued sales payment on a monthly basis.
Cell B2 has the sales amount of 53647.81, cell C2 has the
sales tax. Oklahoma has a sales tax of 3%-3.75%, what type
of formula would I use? -- Maria A Adams

This is prompted by a tax program (TurboTax) that did not work for the
state form but can anyone recommend an Excel template, or whatever, for
non-business forms? I put one together years ago to settle whether joint
or separate returns were better but I've never used anything for
submission but commercial programs and I am now using the rival TaxCut.
The commercial programs have the advantage that they print the actual
form that the IRS expects.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you adding the sales tax or simply splitting the elemets from the
sales price?maria;269885 Wrote:
3647I am working on a worksheet to figure the calculations and submit
the
accrued sales payment on a monthly basis. Cell B2 has the sales amount
of
53647.81, cell C2 has the sales tax. Oklahoma has a sales tax of
3%-3.75%,
what type of formula would I use?
--
Maria A Adams

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=75245

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maria wrote:
3647I am working on a worksheet to figure the calculations and submit the
accrued sales payment on a monthly basis. Cell B2 has the sales amount of
53647.81, cell C2 has the sales tax. Oklahoma has a sales tax of 3%-3.75%,
what type of formula would I use?

Not enough information. What was the actual percentage, not range, of
sales tax for this purchase? In California, for example, the sales tax
varies from county to county. Typically, you would take the tax from
each sales receipt, unless of course they're all made in the same county.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"maria" wrote:
I am working on a worksheet to figure the calculations and
submit the accrued sales payment on a monthly basis.

So I assume you are retailer. Right?

Cell B2 has the sales amount of 53647.81, cell C2 has the
sales tax. Oklahoma has a sales tax of 3%-3.75%, what
type of formula would I use?

That is inconsistent with the information I find online. Oklahoma sales tax
varies between 4.5% and 10% based on the ZIP code of either the seller or the
purchaser, generally depending on where the product is received. See
http://www.oktax.onenet.net/pod/retven.htm .

No matter. If you are a retailer, your records should show the amount of
sales tax charged for each purchase. The amount in C2 is the sum of those
sales tax amount, something like:

=SUM(X1:X100)

If this does not seem to answer your questions, please explain your
circumstances in more detail.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on what criterion(a)?

Looks like 3-3.75% is a sliding scale.