Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date converts to number when part of a formula

Cell A1 contains text. Cell B1 contains a date (08/06/2008), and cell C1
contains text. I want to combine the cells into one cell.

I know to use =(A1&" "&B1&" "&C1) as the formula. However, every time I use
that forumla, i get 39666 instead of the date I actually wanted. The text
transfers nicely to my new combined cell, but I just can't figure out how to
make the date copy.

Your help is appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yyyy")&C1

Formula just needs to format the incoming value as text.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M