Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Seperate formula depending on cell used

Hi
Total beginner but hoping someone can help.
Can a formula be created in one cell (e2 say) so if a value is entered in c2
it would add to the value in e2, however, if a value is entered in d2 it
would subtract from the value in e2?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, it can be achieved only via a Change_event sub macro.

Regards,
Stefi

€žduckydon€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi
Total beginner but hoping someone can help.
Can a formula be created in one cell (e2 say) so if a value is entered in c2
it would add to the value in e2, however, if a value is entered in d2 it
would subtract from the value in e2?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can come back to the problem on Monday, if you don't get an answer from
somebody else until then.
Stefi

€žduckydon€ť ezt Ă*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

No, it can be achieved only via a Change_event sub macro.

Regards,
Stefi

€žduckydon€ť ezt Ă*rta:

Hi
Total beginner but hoping someone can help.
Can a formula be created in one cell (e2 say) so if a value is entered in c2
it would add to the value in e2, however, if a value is entered in d2 it
would subtract from the value in e2?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<Where would I find out how to create the sub macro

Don't. Change your setup, so that another cell is updated, not the cell with
the formula in it.
But if you really do need that, read this:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten