Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I display a formula as text (instead of the value) in specific cells

Hi,

I would like to specify the values of the formulas in a few specific cells,
rather than the resulting numerical values. I have seen approaches to
display all the formulas in the worksheet, but that's not what I need. Is
this possible?

Thanks,

Gabriel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I display a formula as text (instead of the value) in specific

If you enter
=A1+B1
you will get the sum of A1 and B1

But if you enter
'=A1+B1
you will see
=A1+B1

preceding anything with ' treats the entry as a text...

"G.R. Toro" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to specify the values of the formulas in a few specific cells,
rather than the resulting numerical values. I have seen approaches to
display all the formulas in the worksheet, but that's not what I need. Is
this possible?

Thanks,

Gabriel

Member

Location: Sweden

precede the formula in a cell with wildcard '
such as '=Sum(D1,E1)

Chris
------
Convert your Excel spreadsheet into an online calculator.
http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com