Gary

Default Formulas Against Columns

Not sure how to enter formulas against columns not cells.
For instance on each row entered want columnD cells to
always be the product of columnB cells and columnC cells.

Any guidence is much appreciated
JulieD

Hi Gary

you need to put the formula in the first cell in column D
e.g.
=B1*C1
and fill down (if there's values in C the easiest way to do this is to move
your cursor over the bottom right hand corner of D1 until you see a + and
then double click).

Cheers
JulieD

"Gary" wrote in message
Not sure how to enter formulas against columns not cells.
For instance on each row entered want columnD cells to
always be the product of columnB cells and columnC cells.

Any guidence is much appreciated

Gary

Hi Julie
Thanks for the response. Yes values do exist in C ~
Tryed to move cursor over the bottom right hand corner of
D1 until I see a + and then double click however can't
get the a + to happen. Am I doing something wrong???

Again thanks a mil for any help Julie

you need to put the formula in the first cell in column D
e.g.
=B1*C1
and fill down (if there's values in C the easiest way to

do this is to move
your cursor over the bottom right hand corner of D1

until you see a + and
then double click).

Cheers
JulieD

"Gary" wrote in

message
Not sure how to enter formulas against columns not

cells.
For instance on each row entered want columnD cells to
always be the product of columnB cells and columnC

cells.

Any guidence is much appreciated

.

Gord Dibben

Gary

You must have ToolsOptionsEdit "allow cell drag and drop" enabled(checked)
in order to see the + at bottom right corner of the cell.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP