Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table in Excel 2007 & 2000 (backward compatibility problem)

Hi everyone.
I created a pivot table in Excel 2007. It had 5 columns and over 1800
rows (almost 10000 cells all together) and use to work fine in both
Excel 2007 & 2000.

There was one feature that I didnt like however. It use to sort data in
one of the columns (column no. 2). Unfortunately these data should be
presented exactly as they were entered (without any sorting). To
workaround I added 1 extra column. It contains numbers in ascending
order. This column was placed in front of the column no. 2 and hidden.
Although I got rid of sorting, a new problem occurred €“ pivot works OK
in Excel 2007 only. Excel 2000 doesnt accept such pivot table and I get
a message that its incorrect. If I want to reconfigure the pivot I get
a message that there is to many columns or rows and some of them should
be removed from the pivot.
Any ideas how to solve the problem of sorting without adding a new
column? Or maybe there is a way to force Excel 2000 to work with pivot
in conjunction with larger amount of data? Thanks in advance for any help.

gordom