Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Default Drawing compatibility excel 2000; 2003 vs 2007

I our company we use widely excel spreadsheets with drawings on them. There
are used to describe some well configuration and other things.
Since some of our guys are using vista, we are start having problems.
When we (office xp, 2003) receive spreadsheets with drawings, everything on
it looks OK. But when we try to print them, the drawing elements are totally
changed (misaligned, misadjusted) on the paper. The same problem is even when
you just make a print preview of the sheet, the picture in it get strange and
remains so even when you close the print preview.
This problem is for office vista files which we see using the ms converter
AND for the files which are done in vista and saved as excel 2003 files.

Is there any known compatibility issue and how can be resolved?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's no such thing as "Office Vista", do you mean "Office 2007"?

The drawing machinery in Office 2007 has changed drastically from Office
2003 and earlier, and issues like this in translated files are not uncommon.
The best approach is to stick with a common Office version for all users.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions