Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RLT RLT is offline

Default linking excel sheets

I have done heaps of linking sheets at work, but working on my home computer,
I now find a problem in that if I am in (say) sheet1 cell K9 and I want to
return the value in (say) sheet 2 cell E3, normally I would just go = then
click on the required cell in sheet 2 and hit enter, and the value would be
returned. But what is happening is that it just jumps to a totally different
cell in sheet 1 with no value returned. I have excel 2003 at home, and it
seems to be happening in all excel files at home, even in some which
previously seemed to allow linking. Anyone have any ideas?
--
RLT