Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro or formula to find an account number in another list of numb

Please help!! I have been given a project from my boss. I am working with
two spreadsheets. First has a column of account numbers lets say column C.
The account numbers are delinquent accounts. There are random amounts of
rows between each number in a column. I need to check this column of numbers
against another column of all account numbers on the second spreadsheet and
highlight them in yellow. Is there a way to search or find the account
numbers listed in column C on the first spreadsheet all at once without
having to search one number at a time on the second spreadsheet?
book 1 col c book 2 col c
22221111 22221111
21110000
25557878
22213444 20000000
21134444
21100001 22213444
21111000
20005000
21100001
30001111
20007777
20003222 21109999
20003222

Sorry if I'm not explaining it well, any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this in Col D of book2
(I am assuming book2 and book1 are two worksheets in the same workbook
(file) - if not then you can copy one to the other file)

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C1,Book1!C:C,1,FALSE)),"","Delinq uent")
and copy it down

It will show "Delinquent" against the accounts which are present in Book1...
You can filter on it and highlight them all at once...

Another way...
Name COL C in book1 as DelinquentRange
then Select Column C in Book2
Use conditional formatting with FORMULA IS
= NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C1,Book1!C:C,1,FALSE))) and highlight