Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing multiple worksheet references in formulae

Hi,

I have a workbook containing 60 worksheets (4 worksheets for 15 different
categories). I have build a model on 1 category and am looking to copy the 4
worksheets for each of the other 14 categories (hence copying the formulas
over). I was hoping that this wopuld allow me to simply enter raw data into
the first worksheet and the other 3 worksheets for that category would
populate automatically. Obviously this means that the formula would need to
update (which they don't- they point to the right cells but the worksheet
name is wrong).

Is there any way I can easily replace the worksheet reference in the
formulae easily i.e. find & replace ?

Any help appreciated!

cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

R,

Select all the cells, press Ctrl-H to get the find/replace dialog, Find What: Sheet1 Replace
with: Sheet2, click the options button, choose Look In: Formulas, and click Replace All

Of course, use the actual sheet names instead of sheet1 and sheet2.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP