Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and paste into Excel and Word

I have Office Professional 2000. In the past I have never had any problems
copy and pasting from a different format, like a website, into Word or Excel.
But recently when I try to copy something like a table of statistics from a
website to Excel, it pastes everything into one cell as Text instead of each
individual statistic into its own cell..

Likewise, when I try to copy from a format like Text Edit and paste into
Word, all I get is a little ORANGE square where I pasted instead of the text
I copied. W

The COPY and PASTE function still works fine if I go from one EXCEL or WORD
document to a new on.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the OFFICE application a couple
of times to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated