Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down List

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, B3, and B4 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Fution" wrote:

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, C3, and D4 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok lets try this again, Sorry its late..

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, C2, and D2 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your description doesn't make much sense.............at least to me<g

In which cell is your dropdown list?

Where do you want the values from B2, C2 and D2 to appear?

You could use the VLOOKUP function to return looked up values from a table.

Have a look at help on VLOOKUP.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:00:01 -0800, Fution
wrote:

Ok lets try this again, Sorry its late..

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, C2, and D2 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok let me try to explain a bit better.

On Sheet 1 would be the sheet containg all the data.
The data on sheet1 is as follows:

A B C D E F
1 1 4 5 6 7 8
2 2 9 10 11 12 13
3 3 14 15 16 17 18
4 4 19 20 21 22 23

On Sheet2 Cell A1 I create a Drop Down List containing the data in Sheet1
Column A.

When I select 2 (Data in Sheet1 Cell A2) from the the drop down list I want
it to also return the data in the same row. Example:

Sheet 2:

A B C D E F
1 2 9 10 11 12 13
2
3
4

Hope this helps.

Regards,

wrote:

Ok lets try this again, Sorry its late..

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, C2, and D2 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sheet1 define the range of A1:F4 as a table named MyTable.

On Sheet2 in A1 create the DV dropdown list by typing 1.2.3.4 in the Source
dialog. Note the commas.

In Sheet1 Select B1 enter =VLOOKUP($A$1,MyTable,Column(),False)

Copy across to F1

Pick number 2 from the dropdown list to get your results in B1:F1

Gord

wrote:

Ok lets try this again, Sorry its late..

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, C2, and D2 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord

Thanks a mil, Works perfectly. The VLOOKUP has to be on Sheet2 then it works.
Thanks again.

Regards
Fution

Regards

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

On Sheet1 define the range of A1:F4 as a table named MyTable.

On Sheet2 in A1 create the DV dropdown list by typing 1.2.3.4 in the Source
dialog. Note the commas.

In Sheet2 Select B1 enter =VLOOKUP($A$1,MyTable,Column(),False)

wrote:

Ok lets try this again, Sorry its late..

Hi
I am trying to create a drop list from Column A. When i select something
from that list I want it to return the entire row the cell is linked to. For
example:

Cell A1 contains the number 1, Cell A2 the number 2, Cell A3 the number 3
and Cell A4 the number 4. If i select number 2 from the drop down list (Cell
A2) I want it to return the valuse in Cell B2, C2, and D2 in the adjacent
cells.

Thanks And Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Isn't that what I posted?

In Sheet2 Select B1 enter =VLOOKUP($A$1,MyTable,Column(),False)

But good to hear you're sorted out.

Gord