Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Undo" in Excel 2007

Hi everyone.
Im not very familiar with MS Office 2007 (for last few years I used to
use an OpenOffice). I have a question regarding "undo" option in Excel.
When I work with few worksheets simultaneously it behaves a little bit
strange to me. Let say I have worksheet_1 and worksheet_2. I fill out
some data in worksheet_1 first. Then I move to worksheet_2, do some job,
and after that go to worksheet_1 again. Now I want to undo the
operations done to worksheet_1 only. Unfortunately "undo" will affect
the worksheet_2 as well. Is there a way to separate "undo" and make it
independent for every worksheet opened? Thanks in advance,
gordom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope. Excel's undo is application wide.

But you'll find that MSWord works on a document level. So you've got that to
look forward to.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

W dniu 2009-03-04 13:56, Dave Peterson pisze:
Nope. Excel's undo is application wide.

But you'll find that MSWord works on a document level. So you've got that to
look forward to.

Thanks for your answer. It seems that OpenOffice is ahead of MS Office
in that - and not only that ;-) - field.
regards,
gordom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This seems like a design choice made by the developers. I'm not sure I'd
classify it as being behind (or ahead) of a different design choice.

Maybe the developers thought that since lots of workbooks were linked to one
another (and could be edited in the same instance) that it made more sense to be
an application wide feature.