Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Adds Spaces when Wrap Text is Used

Hello,

I have an excel 2007 workbook with over 4000 rows of information. In
certain rows I use the Wrap Text feature since the entry in the cell is
extremely long. To view the entire entry I double click the row so that I
can auto fit the information, however, when i do that I get a lot of space at
the top of that cell. When I copy and paste that same text in a new workbook
and use the Wrap Text feature it does not do that. I clear the format from
the cell and entire row but I still get the added space when I wrap text. I
have to manually adjust the Height so that I dont see extra space at the top
of the cell.

I also played with the Vertical Alighment of the cell and if I choose top,
bottom, or center I still end up with a significant amount of space in the
cell.

Has anyone experience this? is there a fix for this? It does not seem to
happen in new workbooks.

Any Help/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, select the whole sheet (upper left square crossing row and col labels),
double click on row line (line between two rows) - this will auto adjust the
height of rows.

HTH
Alojz

"Marilyn" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

I have double click the to Auto Adjust the height of the row and when I do
that I get lots of spaces at the top of that cell.

"Marilyn" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could u check all non-blank cells in this particular row? Should be aligned
to the highest one, meaning, at least one cell fills the whole height of the
row. Othervise I do not know.