Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Wrap text in header section Excel 2007

I need to have excel wrap my header text in the center section when I'm in
Page Layout view. Excel 2007 Help seems to say that the ability to wrap text
in a header section has gone away, and you need to press enter to start a new
line in a header section.
If I enter a line of text that is longer than the center header section is
wide, it doesn't wrap--it just spills over into the left and / or right
section areas of the header.
How can I get the header section box to wrap text automatically?
Many thanks...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There doesn't seem to be an automatic wrap, which is a good thing if you
want a long center header spanning the page. Is there a problem pressing
Enter? If you're entering the header by macro you'd have to build in a
break like this:

Sheet1.PageSetup.CenterHeader = "abc" & chr(10) & "def"

--
Jim
"Ted M H" wrote in message
I need to have excel wrap my header text in the center section when I'm in
Page Layout view. Excel 2007 Help seems to say that the ability to wrap
text
in a header section has gone away, and you need to press enter to start a
new
line in a header section.
If I enter a line of text that is longer than the center header section is
wide, it doesn't wrap--it just spills over into the left and / or right
section areas of the header.
How can I get the header section box to wrap text automatically?
Many thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Certainly not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch to allow the user to
either span the page or wrap text to keep the header text confined to the
section boxes in the new page layout view. Thanks for taking the time to
reply.