Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel - should be a defined Header footer section within the sheet

I find it frustrating when formattng spreadsheets with headings/titles/images
having insert these at the top of the sheet with my data, because the heaer
and fooer sections are limited.

Perhaps Headers could be improved so that they are a defined area within the
sheet, and can be as large a possible, but are not part of the 'data' area
and therefore not included for sorting/subtotals/etc.

This could be he same for footers.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to Headers do you use the "rows to repeat at top" on the
page set-up...sheet options? If you leave a blank row between your
header and the data section (even if the row is hidden) then the header
will not get included in the data section.

Rather fewer option for footers : only the normal Excel Footer

regards

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074