Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default Conditional formatting Help Needed

I have about 500 numbers in column H (from H6 to H505) and a title of the
column on H4, I would like to have a conditional formatting on H4 ff any of
the numbers in H6 to H505 are greater than 0.5

Or if any of my conditioinal formatting in H6 to H505 are true, then I want
H4 to get highlighted.

Is any of these possible?????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try

1. Select the cells you want to format, ( H6:H505 )
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=COUNTIF($H$5:$H$13,"0.5")
5. Click the Format button
6. Click Format and choose a color
7. Click OK twice.
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Raz" wrote:

I have about 500 numbers in column H (from H6 to H505) and a title of the
column on H4, I would like to have a conditional formatting on H4 ff any of
the numbers in H6 to H505 are greater than 0.5

Or if any of my conditioinal formatting in H6 to H505 are true, then I want
H4 to get highlighted.

Is any of these possible?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops, apology

should read as
1. Select the cells you want to format, ( H4 )

--

"Raz" wrote:

I have about 500 numbers in column H (from H6 to H505) and a title of the
column on H4, I would like to have a conditional formatting on H4 ff any of
the numbers in H6 to H505 are greater than 0.5

Or if any of my conditioinal formatting in H6 to H505 are true, then I want
H4 to get highlighted.

Is any of these possible?????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In H4, CF/ Formula Is (not Cell Value is)
=MAX(H6:H505)0.5

For your second question, yes in principle, but to define your H4 CF formula
we'd need to know what your CF conditions are in H6:H505
--
David Biddulph