Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 11 becomes 12 after hit return

If I type 11 in one cell, 11 will show up in the cell. However, after I hit
the return, 11 becomes 12 autimatically.

All the number keys are working. If I type 1 or 111, all are fine except 11.

This is also true in Word.

Is this related to office or is this to the computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this

Tools|Autocorrect option and type 11 in the Replace box

Delete the enrtry for replace 11 with 12

Mike

"XD-San Jose" wrote:

If I type 11 in one cell, 11 will show up in the cell. However, after I hit
the return, 11 becomes 12 autimatically.

All the number keys are working. If I type 1 or 111, all are fine except 11.

This is also true in Word.

Is this related to office or is this to the computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Probably a local AutoCorrect setting (set in that PC's Excel by a previous
user). Check the entry (11) under Tools AutoCorrect options (Type: 11 in
the "Replace:" box). Then just select the entry, click Delete button.

Joy? Click YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"XD-San Jose" wrote:
If I type 11 in one cell, 11 will show up in the cell. However, after I hit
the return, 11 becomes 12 autimatically.

All the number keys are working. If I type 1 or 111, all are fine except 11.

This is also true in Word.

Is this related to office or is this to the computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you should check ToolsAutomatic corrections
If you find 11 in the dictionary, delete it!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛XD-San Jose€¯ ezt Ć*rta: