Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default 11 becomes 12 after hit return

Probably a local AutoCorrect setting (set in that PC's Excel by a previous
user). Check the entry (11) under Tools AutoCorrect options (Type: 11 in
the "Replace:" box). Then just select the entry, click Delete button.

Joy? Click YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"XD-San Jose" wrote:
If I type 11 in one cell, 11 will show up in the cell. However, after I hit
the return, 11 becomes 12 autimatically.

All the number keys are working. If I type 1 or 111, all are fine except 11.

This is also true in Word.

Is this related to office or is this to the computer.