Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting Letters

Is there a way to count the number of letters that are present in seperate
cells. I have a spreadsheet that has either Y or N in the cell and need to
count the amount of each present over a large section of cells.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

E.g. =COUNTIF(A2:B5,"N")
=COUNTIF(A2:B5,"Y")
Adjust range as necessary.

Regards,
Stefi

0greeny0 ezt *rta:

Is there a way to count the number of letters that are present in seperate
cells. I have a spreadsheet that has either Y or N in the cell and need to
count the amount of each present over a large section of cells.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 02:32:01 -0800, 0greeny0
wrote:

Is there a way to count the number of letters that are present in seperate
cells. I have a spreadsheet that has either Y or N in the cell and need to
count the amount of each present over a large section of cells.

thanks

=countif(rng,"Y")

--ron