Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicate Data

I have a spreadsheet with 19 columns. With the exception of 2 columns, the
rest will be duplicates. For instance, the address, city, state, grade,
category will all be the same and repeated but the item type and picklist may
be different.

I need to be able to pull out the duplicates and not count the addresses or
grades twice. I have tried pivottables but can't seem to get what I need. I
have also tried Access but I am really not familiar with that program...what
I have tried does not appear to be working.

I have researched duplicate records, but it talks about every cell in every
row being an exact duplicate. That is not what I have...I only have certain
columns being exact duplicates. Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks,
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good catch! I don't want to count them. For example, if the grade column
registers Pass or Fail, I need a count of how many there are. I have to
manually count right now because an address may be on there 5 times with a
Pass but I need to only count that Pass as 1.

"Heather02" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 19 columns. With the exception of 2 columns, the
rest will be duplicates. For instance, the address, city, state, grade,
category will all be the same and repeated but the item type and picklist may
be different.

I need to be able to pull out the duplicates and not count the addresses or
grades twice. I have tried pivottables but can't seem to get what I need. I
have also tried Access but I am really not familiar with that program...what
I have tried does not appear to be working.

I have researched duplicate records, but it talks about every cell in every
row being an exact duplicate. That is not what I have...I only have certain
columns being exact duplicates. Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks,
Heather

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007