Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ML ML is offline

Default Copy worksheet in protection mode

I HAD CREATED ONE SPREADSHEET (SUMMARY REPORT) IN A PASSWORD PROTECTED
ENVIRONMENT THAT PULLS DATA FROM 4 OTHER WORKSHEETS THAT I ALLOWED USERS TO
INPUT DATA IN. EACH DAY AT 4:30PM SOMEONE WILL GO IN AND PRINT THAT SUMMARY
REPORT FOR THE DAY. I WANT TO BACK UP THAT REPORT, SO SOMEONE SUGGESTED ME
TO CREATED ANOTHER BOOK TO COPY AND PASTE THAT REPORT AS VALUE (NO
HYPERLINK). NO PROBLEM...BUT YOU CAN'T COPY A PROTECTED WORKSHEET. ANY HELP
OR SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stop yelling! (CAPS lock)

Change your protection settings to allow people to select cells. Then you'll
be able to copy.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"ml" wrote:

I HAD CREATED ONE SPREADSHEET (SUMMARY REPORT) IN A PASSWORD PROTECTED
ENVIRONMENT THAT PULLS DATA FROM 4 OTHER WORKSHEETS THAT I ALLOWED USERS TO
INPUT DATA IN. EACH DAY AT 4:30PM SOMEONE WILL GO IN AND PRINT THAT SUMMARY
REPORT FOR THE DAY. I WANT TO BACK UP THAT REPORT, SO SOMEONE SUGGESTED ME
TO CREATED ANOTHER BOOK TO COPY AND PASTE THAT REPORT AS VALUE (NO
HYPERLINK). NO PROBLEM...BUT YOU CAN'T COPY A PROTECTED WORKSHEET. ANY HELP
OR SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 26, 9:45*am, ml wrote:
I HAD CREATED ONE SPREADSHEET (SUMMARY REPORT) IN A PASSWORD PROTECTED
ENVIRONMENT THAT PULLS DATA FROM 4 OTHER WORKSHEETS THAT I ALLOWED USERS TO
INPUT DATA IN. *EACH DAY AT 4:30PM SOMEONE WILL GO IN AND PRINT THAT SUMMARY
REPORT FOR THE DAY. *I WANT TO BACK UP THAT REPORT, SO SOMEONE SUGGESTED ME
TO CREATED ANOTHER BOOK TO COPY AND PASTE THAT REPORT AS VALUE (NO
HYPERLINK). *NO PROBLEM...BUT YOU CAN'T COPY A PROTECTED WORKSHEET. *ANY HELP
OR SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Try,

Sub Sheet1Copy()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
End Sub
This will copy the sheet into a new workbook, it should work with
protected sheets..