Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Quick/Easy Question?

Using Excel 2003...

I have a worksheet with three columns.
-In the first column I have data containg a name and position #. For
example, Joey Doe 01199.
-In the second column I would like to extra only the numerical values. How
can I do this? For the example above I would like to extract 01199.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=MID(A1,MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"01234 56789")),SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,{0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},""))))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dave" wrote in message
Using Excel 2003...

I have a worksheet with three columns.
-In the first column I have data containg a name and position #. For
example, Joey Doe 01199.
-In the second column I would like to extra only the numerical values.
How
can I do this? For the example above I would like to extract 01199.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if your data is always the same with 5 numbers after the name, you can use
=RIGHT(B2,5)

--
Hope this is helpful

Appreciate that you provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below
if this post have helped you.

Thank You

cheers, francis