Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default How do I get an #N/A field to return 0?

I download data from some numerical data from an external source in to excel
and I am trying to some basic maths on it. The problem is that i never know
how many rows there will be from one download to the next and I am trying to
set up a sheet where by i can just dump data in one sheet and the second
sheet will default to synopsising the data, So far, my hatchet job solution
has jsut been to copy the formulae to more rows than I need. However, for one
of the cells, a VLOOKUP, anything below the data range returns #N/A which
messes up my attempts to put totals on etc. Is there anyway I can make the
#N/A in this particular field "0" or anyway i can get excel to only move the
correct amount of data across to the 2nd sheet. I'm currently moving it
across in a very simple "=A2" formula from 1 sheet to the next. The vlookup
comes from looking up various currency rates. Thanks