Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Query criteria from Excel workbook

Is it possible to have you data query pull one or more variables from a cell
in the excel workbook and post results below?
Thanks,
Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My approach to this sort of thing is some VBA that, when invoked, modifies
then executes a query. Since it's in VBA, you have great flexibility in
using worksheet selections in updating the query. I'd generally invoke the
macro either with a button in the workbook, or from another macro that would
run though a list (for example, to generate commission statements for a team
of sales reps).

"Ken King" wrote:

Is it possible to have you data query pull one or more variables from a cell
in the excel workbook and post results below?
Thanks,
Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My problem is that I am using multiple queries, one per month for the next 10
years. I am try to find data between i.e '01-01-2009' to '02-01-2009'. Sine
I have 120 queries with only these dates changing I would like to link my
query to the column headers with the date ranges in the excel workbook. Is
this possilbe or do I have to learn VBA?
Ken