Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Specifying filtering criteria for ms query in excel

Hi all

I have an excel database with laboratory results stored in it. The results
does not have fixed sequence (i.e. is not logged dayly, weekly, monthly,
etc). However, I need to draw a monthly report on the results that have been
logged for the period. Using a vlookup function dont work for me, as I cannot
specify the actual dates for logging (because I dont always know), and draw
the results from that. I was playing around with storing the excel
spreadsheet as a DB, and creating a separate reporting spreadsheet. I then
use MS Query to draw the specific results for the perion, using a filter on
the date, to return only the data bor that period. However, if i want to
change the reporting period, I have to go back to the query everytime, and go
change the filtering criteria. Is there is way that I could specify the
filtering criteria within the reporting spreadsheet?

Regards

Lasca
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lasca wrote:
[...]

Hi Lasca,

Funny you should ask as today I worked through the exact same question
about MS Query.

This site told me everything I needed to know:

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...-data-queries/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

smartin

Thank you very much for the assistance. Really saved me a lot of time that I
would have been struggling with this issue.

Regards

Lasca