Andrew_SE13

Default Filter PIVOT table in XL2003

I don't seem to be able to autofilter results in a PIVOT table (eg to show
exceptions, say non zeros). I certainly could do this in Office97 (and I
think in other Office versions in between). Do I have some setting turned
on/off that shouldn't be, or has this functionality been discontinued for
some reason.
Debra Dalgleish

You can show or hide specific items in the row and column fields, and
you can show a specific number of top or bottom records.

Do you remember how you filtered the records in Excel 97?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Andrew_SE13

I have figured out (stumbled across) how to do it now. If you select only
heading cells inside the pivot table (all or some of them) then the
autofiltering option in the data menu is greyed out - however, if you include
at least one heading cell, even if blank, outside the pivot and all the
pivots heading cells it is available again and filtering seems to work
normally as it would with an ordinary list. I don't think it was necessary to
do this in 97 or presumably I would have come across this problem before.