Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste or insert data before and after cel contents

Hi

I have an interesting problem...

I have an Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of Hotel locations. Column A has a
Hotel ID in a numeric format.

I can make this into a URL if I can insert/paste a string of text before and
after it.
e.g Hotel ID = 435645 URL would be
http://mydomain.com/blahblah&hotelID...5&blahblah.com
So (and this is shortened) 'http://mydomain.com/blahblah&hotelID=' goes
before the number and '&blahblah.com' goes after.

How can I get Excel 2007 to do this for me? Is it possible?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If the stuff you want before is in cell B1 and the stuff you want after is
in C1 and your core stuff is in A1 then

=B1&A1&C1

combines them. You would then want to convert them to values, probably, to
get rid of the formulas.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"New Expressor" wrote:

Hi

I have an interesting problem...

I have an Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of Hotel locations. Column A has a
Hotel ID in a numeric format.

I can make this into a URL if I can insert/paste a string of text before and
after it.
e.g Hotel ID = 435645 URL would be
http://mydomain.com/blahblah&hotelID...5&blahblah.com
So (and this is shortened) 'http://mydomain.com/blahblah&hotelID=' goes
before the number and '&blahblah.com' goes after.

How can I get Excel 2007 to do this for me? Is it possible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Shane

Doh - I should have thought of that.

How do I do the 'convert them to values' part?

Thanks