Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
np np is offline

Default How can I insert the contents of a folder into Excel

Hi everyone!
Does anybode knows how i can insert the contents of a folder of my computer
(as a shortcut or name or path or in any other way) into Excel or any other
Office program for any available use?

T.U.

NP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"NP" wrote in message
Hi everyone!
Does anybode knows how i can insert the contents of a folder of my
computer
(as a shortcut or name or path or in any other way) into Excel or any
other
Office program for any available use?

I'm not quite sure what you ant Excel to do with the data in the folder?
Would a hyperlink do?
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best if importing to
Excel.

To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom
features.

OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
Type DIR MYFILES.TXT

All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or
Excel.

One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull
directly to Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering
and sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-insDirectory
Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:36:02 -0700, NP wrote:

Hi everyone!
Does anybode knows how i can insert the contents of a folder of my computer
(as a shortcut or name or path or in any other way) into Excel or any other
Office program for any available use?

T.U.

NP

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP