Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy paste only working once

Hello,

When i use Ctrl C to copy a cell of text and then Ctrl V paste it into a
different cell onve I've pasted the date Excel forgets the data and I can't
paste the data again into a differnet cell with out re copying it.

I know Excel can remember the data and you can Ctrl V to paste as many times
as you want in some files but in this file it just wont work.

All help and ideas appricated - I'm using Excel 2003.

Many Thanks

Danny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this... click in the cell to copy, press F2, Shift-Home, Ctrl-C. Now
it's copied into Windows memory, not the temporary one-time copy clipboard.

Click on the second cell, press F2 and THEN Ctrl-V. Then click a third cell
and repeat, as many times as needed.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Danny" wrote:

Hello,

When i use Ctrl C to copy a cell of text and then Ctrl V paste it into a
different cell onve I've pasted the date Excel forgets the data and I can't
paste the data again into a differnet cell with out re copying it.

I know Excel can remember the data and you can Ctrl V to paste as many times
as you want in some files but in this file it just wont work.

All help and ideas appricated - I'm using Excel 2003.

Many Thanks

Danny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, once you've memorized the data with F2, Shift-Home, Ctrl-C, you can
just click a cell and press Ctrl-V, then another and another, you don't have
to press F2 like I offered in my first response.