Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TWT TWT is offline

Default Target cell showing a ' after I PasteSpecialValue. Why?

I need some help with formatting the cells:

Description of steps:

1) I input a formula which returns a cell as blank if there are no values in
it.
E.g. =IF(D14<"-",COUNTIF(Data!R:R,D14),"")

2) When the cell is returned as blank, I copy this cell and do a
PasteSpecialValues to a target cell.

Problem:

3) The target cell shows an apostrophy (i.e. a ') after i did the
PasteSpecialValue.

Question:
4) What must I do such that when I do a PasteSpecialValue, the target cell
returns a blank instead of a '?

Additional Note:
5) I did this on one of my colleagues' PC, and theirs didn't show a '. So I
suspect it's some settings, but we can't figure out which settings was
affected.

Many thanks in advance.