nellie4020

Default locked up spread sheet

I am having trouble with my Excel with frontpage. I have used it
successfully in the past but now.. when I chose a cell... I cannot enter
data into it. When I try to move to another cell, I get the "drag"thing
going...where all the cells behind it are highlighted.
If I dont try to enter data from the get go... I can get into the task
bar...but after I try to enter data...the only way to get out is control alt
delete because the only thing that happens is the drag....
anyone have any answers...
pleeeaaassssssse
thanks
Nellie
David McRitchie

Hi Nellie,
Perhaps you have Extended selection on do you see EXT or ALT
on the right side of your Excel task bar below the worksheet..

If you do hit F8 once to remove EXT, or twice to remove ALT

more information on the above, or another possibility in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

Is this a problem that only comes up with Front Page usage with Excel.
---
HTH,

"nellie4020" wrote ...