Bill Helbron

Default Sheet Background Color

I have a workbook with three sheets: data and two charts. I've been using the
first chart for some years and decided to add a second slightly different chart.
My problem is that on my first chart sheet, the chart is fine, but the
background is solid grey, i.e., no gridlines visible. When I created the second
chart, again the chart is fine but I can't seem to find out how to make the
background grey like the first chart. Maybe I stumbled on to it by "blind luck",
but all I see is the chart on a "bed" of empty grid lines. Help, please!

Bill

Hi

Move your mouse over the chart background (in between the gridlines) until
the tip text says Plot Area, you can then right-click and select Format Plot
Area. From this dialog box you can select the colour/fill pattern and the
border options. To change the gridline options, move your mouse over a
gridline (the tip text says Value Axis Gridline) and right-click and select
Format Gridlines.
Hope this helps.

--
Andy.