Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Version Control 2003 vs 2007

Hello,

I am in desperate need of guidance please.

I am a consultant and work on my own PC and am currently running Vista
Ultimate and all MS Software is 2007. I currently work in Excel in
compatility mode because the people I work for are on Excel 2003. They are
experencing frusterating ongoing error messages "Too Many File Formats". This
is because 2007 allows something like 40000 cell formats whereas 2003 only
allots like 4000. However, when I exceed this amount for 2003 it does not
come up as an error on my compatibitily checker.

Can I install Excel 2003 onto my Vista Ultimate environment with my 2007
Excel software as well?

Any guidance or recommendations would be appreciated!
Frusteratedly Yours,
Iona
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try running Excel 2007 in compatibility mode.

Both versions could be installed on the same machine. It's better to install
the older version first, and there still may be some incompatibilities.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.