Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ENTER skips unlocked cells

I have a data entry spreadsheet with the cells for user entry unlocked
and the sheet protected. The TAB key will correctly move to the next
unlocked cell (left to right, then next row down) but the ENTER key
will skip some of the fields. Can I make the navigation after the
ENTER key behave the same as the TAB key?

Thanks

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:14:20 +0900, "Joerg Mochikun"
wrote:

Make sure that Tools|Options|Edit "Move selection after enter'" is not
checked or is set to "Right"

Thank you, it was set to "Down" and changing it to "Right" or
uncecking did solve the problem when using the "ENTER" key.

But I do a couple of further questions for the net experts:

- The arrow keys still skip some of the unlocked cells

- Before changing the option I would have thought the ENTER key would
have sequenced through the cells correctly due to their locations.

The unlocked cells in question a

B14
B16
B18
B20
B22
B25 C25 D25

When the ENTER key (or still the down arrow key) are pressed the
selected cell would go fro B14 to D25.

Any gurus out there to provide further insight???

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

[...]

That's odd. In any case the selection should jump from B14 to B16 ...unless
you keep Shift pressed when pressing Enter (in which case it would jump to
D25), but I see no reason why the selection would jump to D25 when pressing
the Down key.