Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sort date

I have a column of date in my sheet but I can't formated as date type .....
so i want to determine type of column data as date type then i want to sort
it in ascend order.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You could try converting that col of "dates" into real dates recognized by
Excel in one swoop using Data Text to Columns.

Select the col of "dates", click Data Text to Columns. Click NextNext. In
step 3 of the wiz, under Col data format, check "Date", then choose the
appropriate format from the droplist, eg: MDY. Click Finish. That should do
it, and you should now be able to date-format it to taste.
--
Max
Singapore