scottnoddin77

Default Sort by Date

I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowling
score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not in
chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering if
when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the same
date. Thanks

--
scottnoddin77
scottnoddin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26656

Dave O

The information will maintain its association with the date if you
highlight the entire row to indicate your search range. For instance,
note that when you left-click the 2 that serves as row label, the
entire row is highlighted. If you highlight all your data in that
manner and perform the sort on the date column, the information
associated with a given date will maintain its association.

Dave Peterson

Select your whole range (just one header row--but all the columns in that
range).

Then do Data|sort.

(I hate those A-Z and Z-A icons--too many things can go wrong!)