Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default when i open an Excell file 3 workbooks open.Why?

When I want to open 1 Excell file 3 files open? I have tried all i know and
cannot cure this - please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this

go to tools | options | general tab | At start up , open all files in:
clear everything | ok

now try open excel.

On Feb 3, 1:14*pm, Iain40 wrote:
When I want to open 1 Excell file 3 files open? I have tried all i know and
cannot cure this - please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

3 distinct files or 3 views of the same file?

1. you have 3 separate windows with same file.

Close 2 and save the remaining 1

2. check your office\xlstart folder for files...........remove any that
aren't Personal.xls or Book.xlt or sheet.xlt.

Remove path from "at start up, open all files in"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP