Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I print mailing labels from an Excel file?

I have MS Office 2007. I have my mailing lists in an Excel file and what to
download/convert it so that it will print mailing labels. I use Avery 5160
labels. How do I get the data from Excel and get it to download into Work or
Access to print out sheets of labels? I am very inexperienced with Access.
I want an idividual label for each person.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Word's mailmerge...........labels and envelopes.

Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see
these sites for help.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Make sure you have a few sheets of sticky labels available for printing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:24:01 -0800, green
wrote:

I have MS Office 2007. I have my mailing lists in an Excel file and what to
download/convert it so that it will print mailing labels. I use Avery 5160
labels. How do I get the data from Excel and get it to download into Work or
Access to print out sheets of labels? I am very inexperienced with Access.
I want an idividual label for each person.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you have a few sheets of sticky labels available for printing

Test on Plain paper first; it's cheaper :)

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mdmackillop wrote:

Make sure you have a few sheets of sticky labels available for printing

Test on Plain paper first; it's cheaper :)

You forgot to tell them they need a printer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have struggled with this for years. I have an old printer and the labels
are on a roll. It works fine with a BASIC program and an ancient PC machine,
but I can find no way with Excel or Access of controlling line-print, rather
than sheet printing as with Office. Can anyone help me with this one...

Thanks
Robin...

"Bob I" wrote:

mdmackillop wrote:

Make sure you have a few sheets of sticky labels available for printing

Test on Plain paper first; it's cheaper :)

You forgot to tell them they need a printer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a thought but have you properly set up the printer configuration in
your operating system to handle the continuos feed paper and defined the
paper page size to match the label.