Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can we print mailing labels from a Excel spread sheet?

We have an Excel spread sheet with names and addresses...we want to print
mailing labels...any idea
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you also have MS Word, use the Mail Merge function and select your
Excel spreadsheet as the data source.

Regards

Trevor

"Doreski" wrote in message
We have an Excel spread sheet with names and addresses...we want to print
mailing labels...any idea

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Doreski

I suspect you don't have a single record in rows do you? e.g. First Last,
Add1, Add2, Town, PostCode in A1:F1.

If you do, use MSWord mail merge functionality and the Excel workbook as the
data source. (Just make sure it's either single sheet or the leftmost one)

If the data is in rows, then you really need to get it into columns...maybe
we could help with some code to automate this if the data has some
uniformity, e.g always 6 rows with a space. (Normally wishful thinking!)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Doreski" wrote in message
We have an Excel spread sheet with names and addresses...we want to print
mailing labels...any idea

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel alone is poorly suited for this task.

You can, by trial and error print labels, but Word's mailmerge function is much
easier.

For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP