Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a macro for data input.

Hi,
I want to create a macro that does the following:

I want people to press a button (for example). Then enter a number (in a
textbox for example), whereafter the macro checks where the next empty row
is. Then fills this row with info found by VLookup() (or Offset()). Basicly i
want to use this to add info to my excel sheet, not manually putting it in.

Any info on how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's not much detail here, but it sounds like you want to design a data entry
input form?

If yes, you may want to look at excel's built in version:
Data|Form (in xl2003 menus)

If that's not enough...
You could look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

The source code is available for a small fee ($20 USA, IIRC). So you can modify
it as much as you want.

And if you want to design your own:

Debra Dalgleish shares some tips:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think i should be able to do what i want with the third link you gave me.
I've got one question however. I want people to add a number. Then i've got
an external excel file with a bunch of info. Basicly i want people to enter
one number which is following by excel automaticly filling in the rest of the
info.

For example:

I've got one external spreadsheat ( ~ 10000 rows).
With the following info:

France - Capital Paris - French
The Netherlands - Capital Amsterdam - Dutch

I want people to be able to pick 'The Netherlands' ( or type it). Followed
by the script creating the exact same row. (Normally i could do this using
offset to find 'The Netherlands' or use vlookup. I want this to be automated.

Any further help?

Greets,
Gunti