Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gunti Gunti is offline

Default Creating a macro for data input.

I think i should be able to do what i want with the third link you gave me.
I've got one question however. I want people to add a number. Then i've got
an external excel file with a bunch of info. Basicly i want people to enter
one number which is following by excel automaticly filling in the rest of the
info.

For example:

I've got one external spreadsheat ( ~ 10000 rows).
With the following info:

France - Capital Paris - French
The Netherlands - Capital Amsterdam - Dutch

I want people to be able to pick 'The Netherlands' ( or type it). Followed
by the script creating the exact same row. (Normally i could do this using
offset to find 'The Netherlands' or use vlookup. I want this to be automated.

Any further help?

Greets,
Gunti

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There's not much detail here, but it sounds like you want to design a data entry
input form?

If yes, you may want to look at excel's built in version:
Data|Form (in xl2003 menus)

If that's not enough...
You could look at John Walkenbach's enhanced data form:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

The source code is available for a small fee ($20 USA, IIRC). So you can modify
it as much as you want.

And if you want to design your own:

Debra Dalgleish shares some tips:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

Gunti wrote:

Hi,
I want to create a macro that does the following:

I want people to press a button (for example). Then enter a number (in a
textbox for example), whereafter the macro checks where the next empty row
is. Then fills this row with info found by VLookup() (or Offset()). Basicly i
want to use this to add info to my excel sheet, not manually putting it in.

Any info on how to do this?

--

Dave Peterson